“Ovadia’s Fast and Healthy Tahini Cookies” was published on his school’s website today.
(Proud Ima 😉)
We make these often, which take roughly 30 minutes or less (great when you have a baby in the house) and are a nice homemade afternoon snack.
(*These can also be done exactly the same with Peanut Butter. I would use a natural Peanut Butter so you have the oils on top, just as you would with raw tahini.)
Let me share you the recipe.
What you need:
1 cup raw tahini
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) .
- Mix raw tahini and sugar. Then add the egg and make into a batter. Lastly add the coconut.
- With moist hands, roll into small balls and put directly on baking sheet. Then press each one down with the palm of your hand.
- Add toppings of choice (chocolate chips, brown sugar and cinnamon, sesame seeds, sprinkles, etc).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool and enjoy!
And here is the Hebrew version for those interested!